Below are some of the local resources related to mental health, physical health, as well as tenant and landlord agreements.

Mental Health Resources

The two main on-campus mental health resources are the Student Development Centre and Student Health Services. Western also has a website with resources and information on mental health issues for students:

Western Student Development Centre Psychological Services
Provides: Crises counselling, psychologist meetings and referrals, support groups, Sexual assault counselling, educational series’
In Person: Western Student Services Building (4th Floor)
Phone: 519-661-3031
Email: to sign up for groups
Student Health Services
Provides: All medical care, counselling and psychiatry, birth control information, immunizations, allergy injections

Other Mental Health Resources around Campus/London:
211 Ontario
Provides: a three-digit phone number and website that provides information and referral to community and social services in Ontario

Crises Phone Line: Dial 211

Assaulted Women’s Helpline
Provides: 24 Hour confidential help for women who are victims of assault
Crises Line: 1-866-863-0511

Campus Student Case Manager
Provides: Help for students who experience delays in their capacity to study, attend school because of mental health or other health issues
Anh Brown
519-661-2111 ext. 85985

Canadian Mental Health Association – London-Middlesex Branch
Provides: Assessment, community support, help with finding counsellors or psychiatrists, etc…
Phone: 519-434-9191 (Mon-Fri 8:30-4:00)

Mental Health Crises Line: 519-433-2023 (available 24/7)

Provides: three help lines that provide health services information for people experiencing problems with gambling, drugs or alcohol and mental illness
Mental Health Helpline: 1-866-531-2600
Drug and Alcohol Helpline: 1-800-565-8603
Problem Gambling Helpline: 1-888-230-3505

Good 2 Talk Post-Secondary Student Helpline
Provides: Free, professional and anonymous support for students in Ontario to talk about stress, mental health, legal issues, disability, financial stress, sexuality, addictions
Available 24 hours a day, every day
Phone: 1-866-925-5454

International Exchange Student Services
Provides: orientation, socio-cultural events, hep with financial issues,
London and District Distress Centre
Provides: 24 Hour phone counselling related to mental health and distress
Crises Response Line: 519-433-2023
Mental Health 4 Kids
Provides: Website for youth, parents, educators and health care providers providing information about mental health related services
Ontario Association for Suicide Prevention
Provides: Online resource for information about suicide and mental health issues
Sexual Assault Centre London
Provides: services to survivors of sexual violence in London and Middlesex Count
24 Hour Crises and Support Line: 519-438-2272
Phone: 519-439-0844
In Person: 225 Horton Street, 3rd Floor
United on Campus Services
Provides: Multi-faith counselling and support to help students, a safe space for body, mind, spirit
In Person: UCC, Room 256
Phone: 519-661-2111 ext. 82794
Western’s Peer Phone Line
Provides: confidential peer-to-peer sharing for students by students
519-661-3425 (Mon-Fri, 10:00am to Midnight)
Western Mental Health App
Western Services for Students with Disabilities
Provides: on campus transportation, alternative format text, assistive technology help, counselling, referrals, help with academic learning issues
In Person: Western Student Services Building (4th Floor)
Phone: 519-661-2147

Physical Health Resources

Student Health Services
Provides: All medical care, counselling % psychiatry, birth control information, immunizations, allergy injections
Healthcare Connect
Provides: connects people with local personal physicians
Phone: 1-800-445-1822
Middlesex-London Health Unit
Provides: Immunization, birth control, STI info, Dental clinic, travel clinic, classes, community programs
Phone: 519-663-5317

 Telehealth Ontario
Provides: Free access to discussions with registered nurses 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Phone: 1-866-797-0000

Resources for Tenants and Landlords

City of London Property Standards Office
Provides: Investigation of structural or unsafe conditions and landlord/tenant issues about property standards (heat, electricity, noise, safety etc…)
Phone: 519-661-4555
Federation of Metro Tenants Associations
Provides: advice on what your landlord/slimy corporate property owner is legally allowed to do/not do in the Province of Ontario. Designed for Metro Toronto tenants, they will offer advice to Londoners as the Ontario Residential Tenancy Act operates as provincial law.
Tenant Hotline: 416-921-9494
Ontario Landlord and Tenant Board
Provides: Information on the rules for both tenants and landlords, most landlords don’t follow or don’t know the rules (example: the classic damage deposit scheme)
Ontario Tenants Rights
Provides: information about renting in a number of cities and municipalities in Ontario, including London
Western Law Community Legal Services

Provides: Legal assistance and representation for small claims court, landlord-tenant issues, summary conviction criminal matters, simple wills and powers of attorney. Assistance is provided by law students under the direct supervision of a lawyer.
In Person: Western Law Building, Room 120
Phone: 519-661-3352

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s